|Leeds United F.C. History|
Leeds United and Leeds City Friendlies:
This section is designed to give an indepth look into the many friendly games of both Leeds United and Leeds City. It gives full match details of each game and in many cases it gives the Leeds teamsheet and in some cases the teamsheet of the opposition and even limited match reports and copies of the programme of the fixture.
The section has been divided into several parts. For convenience, each part has been compiled chronologically. Similarly the two Non-League seasons of 1904-05, when Leeds City competed in the West Yorkshire League and the 1919-20 season, in which Leeds United competed in the Midland League, have been included together with team sheets and other data.
The sections are:
1. Leeds City Friendlies and Non-League Cup games.
2. Leeds City for the 1904-05 season.
3. Leeds City teamsheets. There is also a listing of teamsheets, once more in chronological order to give quick access to those teamsheets. It should be noted that it is a quick reference and obviously does not include those games for which there is no teamsheet.
4. Leeds United for the 1919-20 season.
5. Player's Testimonials for not only Leeds players but also when Leeds have provided the opposition in other clubs' players' Testimonials or Benefit Matches.
6. Trophies, Cups or Tournaments ranging from local West Riding Senior Cup to Tournaments in far off lands.
7. Similarly, Tournaments in which the Junior teams have taken part, or friendlies played by them, and then
8. Friendly Fixtures which have been played by the full Leeds team and finally
9. Friendlies that have been played by the reserves or understrength teams against similar opposition.
10. Again, there is also a listing of teamsheets, once more in chronological order to give quick access to those teamsheets. It should be noted that it is a quick reference and obviously does not include those games for which there is no teamsheet.
Mark Ledgard, who initiated the original idea and even his incredible amount of information on the subject was well supplemented by Neil Roche with even more previously unknown facts. Mark has been a fountain of information for match reports and team and match details, while Neil added his own knowledge, which was vast and essential to the finished product.
The project is now complete, and will be subject to annual review, but if anyone has any contributions, requests, suggestions or corrections please contact me on HistoryofLeedsUnited@hotmail.com
Leeds City Friendlies Details