Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Warner: Anthony Randolph (Tony)

2006-2007 (Player Details)


Born: Liverpool: 11-05-1974

Debut: Norwich City (h): 05-08-2006

6’4” 13st 9lb (2006)

Warner progressed through his hometown’s team until he became the Liverpool Reserve goalkeeper in 1994-95 when Stensgaard was injured. He sat one hundred and twenty times on the bench for the Anfield club, but never got to play for the first team. He earned the nickname ‘Tony Bonus’, due to his receiving many win bonuses as a non-playing substitute. He had loan spells with Swindon Town, in November 1997 where he made two League appearances, Celtic, where he was part of the team that defeated Rangers 5–1 in one of his three League games there and Aberdeen, where he played six League games, whilst at Anfield. He was released in 1999 and signed for Millwall on 16th July 1999, playing two hundred League games and twenty-five in the Cup competitions for them in a five year stay. Warner was voted Player of the Year 2002/03 by the Millwall fans. Despite being injured and unable to keep goal for Millwall at their 2004 FA Cup Final appearance, the then Millwall manager Dennis Wise, insisted that he be presented with a medal. He left Millwall on 3rd July 2004 to sign for Cardiff City, where he spent two years unable to hold down a first team spot due to some poor performances and eventually fell to third in the pecking order behind Neil Alexander and Martyn Margetson, but made twenty-six League appearances for the Bluebirds. On 12th August 2005 he signed on loan at Fulham when the club suffered an injury crisis and the deal was made permanent at the end of the spell. On 10th January 2006, Warner was picked in the Trinidad and Tobago preliminary squad for the 2006 World Cup but was omitted from the final squad. Warner made his debut (and to date only) appearance as a second half substitute on 28th February 2006 against Iceland in a friendly international played at Loftus Road. On 4th August 2006 Leeds signed Warner on a one-month loan from Fulham as cover for the injured Neil Sullivan, making his debut in a 1–0 victory over Norwich City the following day. His initial loan period was due to end on 4th September, but on 31st August the loan deal was extended until 1st January 2007. After some erratic performances Leeds brought in Graham Stack from Reading on loan and he kept Warner out of the side until an injury gave Warner another chance, but his loan spell at Leeds drew to an end on 1st January 2007. Warner then signed on loan for Norwich City until the end of the 2006–2007 season as a replacement for the previous loan goalkeeper; Celtic's David Marshall. He made thirteen League appearances at Carrow Road. On 12th August 2007, after an injury to first choice Fulham goalkeeper Antti Niemi in the warm-up before the game at Arsenal, Warner was forced to be a last minute replacement for Niemi. With Niemi still injured and Warner regularly making mistakes, Fulham Manager Lawrie Sanchez, brought in former Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Kasey Keller on 23rd August 2007, to provide cover and competition for Warner and Niemi. After Niemi returned from injury, Warner became the third choice goalkeeper behind Niemi and Keller. Warner joined CCCL side Barnsley on loan for a month on January transfer deadline day and he played three League games. He was released by Fulham on 28th May 2008 having started nineteen League games and coming on as a substitute twice and appearing five times in the Cup competitions in his time at Craven Cottage including the initial loan period. On 16th July 2008, Warner signed for Hull City on a two year deal. He made his debut for Hull on 24th January 2009 in the F.A. Cup match against his former team Millwall, and kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory. However he was unable to break into the team and on 13th March 2009 he was loaned to Leicester City for a month as a temporary replacement for injured keeper David Stockdale. He played four League games, in which he conceded five goals, but was kept on until the end of the season after Stockdale returned and earned a League One Championship medal. He returned to Hull and had made one appearance in the League Cup in the new season as understudy to Boaz Myhill and Matt Duke. He was released by Hull City, by mutual consent, on 1st February 2010. He joined Charlton Athletic for the rest of the season on 25th March 2010. Although he was five times an unused substitute, he did not play in the first team and was released by Charlton at the end of his contract.

League 130
League Cup 10