Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

O’Grady: Harry

1932-1933 (Player Details)

Inside Forward

Born: Tunstall, Staffordshire: 16-03-1907

Debut: v Wolverhampton Wanderers (h): 29-10-1932

5’11” 11st (1932)

O’Grady began in Sunday School football in Staffordshire before spells with Nantwich and Witton Albion. Port Vale secured his services in November 1929. The club went on to become Third Division North champions in 1929–30, but he made just a single appearance while at Vale Park, his debut in a 3-0 win at Wigan Borough on 25 January 1930, before he joined Second Division Southampton in August 1931. He appeared unsettled at the Dell and had trials with French club Sete, but he made a scoring debut for the Saints in a 3-0 home win over Burnley on 29th August 1931. He also scored for them in a 3-3 home draw with Preston North End on 16th January 1932, but he played his final game at the Dell in a 0-3 defeat by Bradford Park Avenue on 20th February 1932 and after just seven games for the Saints he had pre-season trials with Leeds, using the name ‘Cousins’ and was signed by Dick Ray in August 1932. O’Grady numbered Leeds among eight League clubs that he was associated with during his career, but had little chance to shine due to the presence of Arthur Hydes, Charlie Keeley and Billy Furness. His appearances only came when Keetley or Hydes were injured. Two months later he made a scoring debut but in May 1933 he became a Burnley player. He scored eight times in thirteen games while at Turf Moor, which included a hat-trick in a 3-1 home win over Lincoln City on 9th December 1933. Successive moves took him to Bury in May 1934, where he scored four times in fifteen League games at Gigg Lane, Millwall in June 1935, where he made just four League appearances without scoring, Carlisle United in August 1936, where he got nine goals in twenty-eight League games, Accrington Stanley in May 1937, where he netted twice in twenty-three League matches and finally into Non-League with Tunbridge Wells Rangers in October 1938. He died in Bucknall on 12th April 1990.

League 82
F.A. Cup 10