Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Marsh: Clifford (Cliff)

1948-1949 (Player Details)


Born: Atherton, Nr Manchester: 29-12-1920

Debut: v West Bromwich Albion (h): 02-10-1948

Height&Weight: Unknown

Marsh was with Tyldesley United before joining Cheshire League team Winsford United. Leeds paid Winsford 300 in September 1948 for Marsh, just three months after he had rejected terms from Grimsby Town. He went virtually straight into the first team, scoring on debut, in what proved to be his only goal for Leeds. After his initial game at inside right in the 1-3 home loss to West Bromwich Albion, he was recalled in January for the 0-0 draw at Luton Town and was then inside left in the Leeds team that succumbed to the wizardry of Harold Williams as he led Third Division Newport County to an upset 1-3 win at Elland Road in the Third Round of the FA Cup. Marsh was included at inside right at Southampton for a 1-2 defeat and the final game of the season in a 0-2 defeat at Queens Park Rangers. He left Elland Road for Bournemouth in May 1949, where he featured in thirty-nine League games but scored only twice. A noted trumpet player, he left Bournemouth for Worcester City in June 1952, before then moving to Yeovil Town at the start of the 1953-54 season. He was no a regular but scored one goal in the 1954-55 season on New Year's Day 1955 in a 3-2 home win over Kettering Town. He died in Bournemouth in December 1990.

League 41
F.A. Cup 10