Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Brown: Jason Roy (Jason)

2010-2010 (Leeds Player Details)(Player Details)


Born: Southwark: 15-05-1982

Debut: v Ipswich Town (a) (Substitute) : 02-10-2010

511 15st 6lb (2010)

Brown Started his career with his local side Charlton Athletic where he progressed through their Youth System and signed professional forms in August 2000. He was unable to make the first team at the Valley and moved to Gillingham, where his prospects were better, signing for them after a short trial, on a free transfer in March 2001. He did not make an early breakthrough and had to be content with a position on the bench as understudy to Vince Bartram, before displacing him and playing the last ten League games of the 2001-02 season. He established himself as the recognised first team goalkeeper in the 2002-03 season, playing thirty-nine of the forty-six League games and impressed enough to gain his first Welsh Under-Twenty-One cap. His next two seasons were blighted by injury. After Gillingham were relegated to League One, he re-established himself as the club's first choice keeper and was called up to the full Welsh squad for the first time, although he did not play. He was named the Gillingham fans "Player of the year" for 2005-06 and gained his first Welsh Cap against Trinidad and Tobago on 27th May 2006. His performances had been noted by EPL side Blackburn Rovers and he signed a four year contract in June 2006 on a free transfer, after playing one hundred and twenty-six League games, three F.A. Cup ties and eight League Cup ties.He made a memorable debut at Ewood Park when he replaced the injured Brad Freidel at half-time, against Wigan Athletic at Ewood Park in 2006. Brown made a superb save from the penalty spot and then saved the follow-up attempt also. He became the recognised deputy to Paul Robinson and performed well, when called upon to deputise. He signed a new two and a half year contract at Ewood in January 2008. However, by the start of 2010-11 he had slipped down the pecking order, behind Paul Robinson, Mark Bunn and Frank Fielding. Leeds United had a goalkeeper deficiency when Kasper Schmeichel injured a foot and Brown was brought in on a one month loan on 11th September 2010, going straight onto the Leeds Teamsheet as substitute for deputy keeper Shane Higgs in the home fixture with Swansea City on the same day, but he remained unused. He continued unused on the bench as Leeds lost 5-2 at Barnsley, drew 0-0 at Doncaster Rovers and beat Sheffield United 1-0 at home before losing 4-6 to Preston North End in the next home fixture. He made his United debut as a sixty-second minute substitute in the 1-2 away defeat by Ipswich Town on 2nd October 2010, after Shane Higgs had been forced off with a hamstring injury. He was then the only fit goalkeeper in the United First-team squad. With this in mind the club sought and were given an extension to Brown's loan, until 13th November 2010. With only one fit keeper, Leeds also loaned Ben Alnwick from Tottenham Hotspur on 14th October for a month and he acted as Brown's deputy on the bench in the three games the Blackburn keeper started. He was in goal for Leeds as they won 2-1 at the Riverside against Middlesbrough, and when they were beaten at Elland Road, firstly 1-2 by Leicester City on 19th October 2010 and then 0-4 by Cardiff City on 25th October 2010. The loan deals for the goalkeeping duo came to an end and Brown returned to his parent club on 14th November 2011. He later went on loan to Championship side Cardiff City on 3rd March 2011 and while he stayed with them until 31st May 2011, he did not appear for the first team. His contract at Ewood Park expired in June 2011 after he had failed to make a first team appearance in his final season. On 20th July 2011 he was signed by Scottish club Aberdeen on a free transfer. He had played nine League games, which included three from the bench, and two F.A. Cup ties and five League Cup games of which one was as a substitute, while at Ewood. He had seven Welsh Under Twenty-one caps and two at full International level.

League 3/10