Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Hampson: Walker

1918-1918 (Leeds City War-time Guest Player Details)

Wing Half

Born: Radcliffe: 24-07-1889

Debut: v Bradford Park Avenue (a): 06-04-1918

Height & Weight: Unknown

Walker Hampson was the brother of Billy Hampson and Tommy Hampson, who both also played for Leeds City as guests in the War Years. The three brothers played in the same team on the three occasions that Walker Hampson played for City in the Subsidiary Competition in April 1918. Walker Hampson started with Black Lane St Andrew's and Colne before signing for First Division Burnley and played four times for them in the League before the outbreak of WW1 caused the Football League fixtures to be suspended. Although he normally played Wing Half, when he guested for Leeds City in three games in the Subsidiary Competition in April 1918, he was seen in the Full Back roles as partner to his brother Billy. He joined Non-League side Scotswood before signing for Second Division South Shields in 1920. He scored twice in forty-nine League appearances in the two seasons he stayed there and played another two games in the F.A. Cup without scoring. He joined Third Division South Charlton Athletic in 1921 and made fifteen League appearances before leaving for Third Division North Hartlepools United in 1922. he made his debut at Right Half on 28th August 1922 in a 2-2 draw at Walsall and went on to score four goals, three of which were penalties, in twenty-two League appearances before playing his last game at Centre Half on 5th May 1923 in a 0-1 loss at Grimsby Town. He moved to Third Division North Chesterfield in 1923 and featured in twelve games before he had a trial with Third Division North Rochdale in 1924 and a further trial with third Division Grimsby Town in October 1924 both of which did not result in playing for either team. He died in 1959.

War-time Guest AppearancesGoals
Principal Tournament 00
Subsidiary Tournament 30
Total 30